Who am I?
I’m a freelance editor and writer who . . .
– has experience writing and editing for children and teens
– has experience editing for magazine publication
– has experience writing and editing for the web
– has experience as a writing tutor
– founded and leads a speculative fiction writers’ group
– does full manuscript edits, across genres, for a self publisher
– is passionate about writing and pursuing publication
I’m available for editorial work, including . . .
– full or partial manuscript editing (I’ve been told receiving an edit from me is akin to “taking a graduate course in writing.”)
– coaching/tutoring writing
– writing/editing copy for publication in print or online
If you’d like to discuss working together, contact me.
What is LL Word?
I began LL Word as a place to record my observations about the fields of writing and editing, as well as to chronicle my journey of “taking the plunge” into the freelance lifestyle I’ve always dreamed of having.
LL Word is named so because my initials are LL and because Words are what I do (along with punctuation, of course). I’m also fascinated by the ability words have to shape our reality and especially the usage of the Word to convey spiritual, religious, mythic, or universal truth. I hope you’ll find this blog useful regardless of where you are on your writers’ journey, and I’d love to hear from you.