April 14, 2009
Here’s what’s been happening in my Writing World in the past five days:
- I fell off the NaPoWriMo poem-a-day wagon and am running behind it trying to get back on.
- Despite this, I’m regretting not taking the plunge and trying Script Frenzy. Perhaps next year.
- I blogged about Condoms, Catholicism, and Consent over at the Young Adult Catholics blog.
- I have not forgotten that I said I’d post some of my Poetry Month poems here, but they’re reluctant.
- I decided after the due date for proposals was past that I wanted to write a Bitten by Twilight proposal after all.
March 31, 2009
It’s the last day of March, and if you find yourself a sucker for writing challenges, roll up your sleeves for April. April is the month for Script Frenzy, a challenge to write a 100-page script in 30 days, and it’s also National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) with the challenge to write one poem a day throughout the month.
If you’re a veteran of NaNoWriMo, your credentials will log you into the Script Frenzy site as well. AND you can participate by converting an existing novel into a script. I’m not participating this year, but maybe someday . . .
I AM participating in NaPoWriMo, though, and may post some of my creations here. Last year, I only made it halfway through April writing a poem-a-day, but that was far enough to produce “Angry Catholic Woman,” which was published by Girl Child Press. Hopefully this year will produce something submission-worthy as well.